Bowie Dick Test Packs are pre-assembled single-use test packs designed to evaluate the performance of the air removal system of a pre-vacuum equipped sterilizer. Several versions of these test packs are available. They are calibrated to be compatible with pre-vacuum cycles operating at specific exposure temperatures or within a specified exposure temperature range (e.g., 121° C/250° F).
HOW STERAFFIRM BOWIE DICK TEST PACKS WORK
Bowie Dick Test Packs should be placed over the drain each day to test your pre-vacuum steam sterilizer. During the cycle, the indicator ink will change from yellow to a blue/purple color. After the cycle is complete, the indicator card can be removed and kept for your records. Bowie Dick Test packs can help identify a problem before you have sterilization failures while helping to identify the potential source of the problem.
WHY STERAFFIRM BOWIE DICK TEST PACKS?
- Reliability - Preassembled single use test provides consistent testing of the pre-vacuum steam sterilizer cycles.
- Productivity - Distinctive, total color change from yellow to a blue/purple color provides a clear indication of a successful test.
- Easy to Validate - Each pack and indicator has a lot number and expiration date printed on it for easy documentation.
- Efficacy - Conforms to ISO 11140 Type 2 standards.
- Flexibility - Indicator can detect wet steam, superheated steam, and noncondensables in the steam supply to aid troubleshooting problems.