Plain sterilized absorbable catgut sutures
FEATURES OF TRUGUT
- Causes minimal tissue reaction
- High collagen purity
- Polished to give uniformity of diameter along the strand and a smooth surface for easy tissue passage.
- Packed in isopropyl alcohol to keep the suture soft, flexible, and improve handling.
- Uniform twist spread along the suture length and controlled drying provide high tensile strength
Trugut is available in Plain Catgut (Yellow) and Chromic Catgut (Brown). Chromic Catgut, due to its chrome content, is absorbed within 90 – 120 days.
- Soft tissue approximation and/or ligation
TRUGUT Sutures are made from longitudinally slitting the intestinal submucosa of sheep and goats followed by a process of twisting and polishing giving the sutures a monofilament finish. The uniform chrome content in Trugut Chromic provides required wound support and absorption. It retains about 50% of the initial tensile strength after 7 to 10 days of implantation and is absorbed by body tissue within 90 – 120 days. Plain catgut initial tensile strength is lost within 7 to 10 days and is absorbed completely in 60 to 70 days. Catgut sutures tend to absorb faster in infected tissues.
- Absorbable sterile surgical suture
- Available in Plain Catgut (Yellow) and Chromic Catgut (Brown).
- Non-adhering and biologically inert
- Sterilized by ethylene oxide
- The shelf life of 5 years
- USP sizes available: 5-0 to 2.
- Suture length without a needle: 152 cm, 2×76 cm
- Suture length with a needle: from 76 cm to 152 cm
- Needle lengths: 12 mm to 65 mm across all needle profiles